So, I’m never buying granola bars again.
Why, when they’re so easy to make.
The last ones’ were amazing and lasted all of about three days, but while Husband liked them, he prefers more of a crunch.
What an accommodating wife I am.
Cranberry Almond Granola Bars
1 c rolled oats
1 c 8-grain cereal
1/2 c oat bran
1 1/2 c slivered almonds
1/2 c coconut
2/3 c honey
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/4 c hemp seeds
* Preheat oven to 350*F.
* Place oats, cereal, oat bran, almonds and coconut on a cookie sheet. Roast 15 minutes, stirring very often. When finished, reduce oven temp to 300*F.
* Combine honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a large saucepan.
* On medium heat, stir until honey is very runny.
* Add oat mixture, cranberries and hemp seeds to honey mixture and stir well to combine.
* Transfer to a lightly oiled 9″x13″ baking dish, pressing it down firm and even.
* Bake 20 minutes.
* Cut while hot, but don’t try to remove from dish until cool.
I popped these into the oven, then ran out to do some errands, leaving Husband with instructions. When I returned, he looked at me sadly saying, “I’m sorry. They didn’t turn out. I had to throw them away.”
What he really meant was, “They were amazing. I ate all of them. Can you please make more?”