So, tonight I whipped up this pesto-esque pasta.
Super quick and tasty, but I think I’d leave the sun-dried tomatoes in larger pieces.
Purely for aesthetic reasons.
Pesto Pasta with Broccoli
Pasta enough for two
8-10 oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 – 535 g pkg silken tofu
1 bunch basil
1/2 tsp salt
Black pepper, to taste
1 small head broccoli, cut in bite-sized pieces
Pine nuts, for garnish
- Cook the pasta and steam the broccoli.
- Saute the garlic in a little water or oil until soft.
- Place the tomatoes (reserving a little to garnish), the garlic, the tofu, the basil, and the salt & pepper into a processor and blend until smooth.
- Toss pasta, broccoli and sauce until covered.
- Garnish with remaining sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.