Okay, so this dish is a mishmash of so many different flavours, it should be disgusting.
Should be, but isn’t.
My tendency to pick recipes based on the so-weird-it-must-be-good-premise hasn’t failed me yet.
Brown Moon Curry
4 c water
1tbsp curry powder
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 cup uncooked brown rice
1/2 tsp salt
2 med sweet potatoes, cubed and steamed
3 c raw spinach, steamed, drained and chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ginger, minced
1 small chili pepper, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 c coconut milk
3/4 c water
1/2 c basil, chopped
1 c pineapple, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
raw peanuts, toasted
1 green-yellow banana, diced
- In a medium saucepan, add water, curry, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil and add rice. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Saute pepper, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and chili in oil until mushrooms start to wilt.
- Add coconut milk and heat through.
- Add steamed sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- At the very end, add spinach, basil and pineapple. Heat through.
- Lay a bed of rice and top with the spinach mix.
- Top with peanuts, coconut, banana and raisins.
- Marvel at this piece of culinary genius and enjoy.