Husband loved this (he ate a TONNE).
I thought it tasted great, but visually it’s a little unsatisfying.
Next time I’ll use red quinoa.
I like my food pretty.
Nutty Thai Broccoli and Qunioa
1 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 block firm tofu, diced
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small head broccoli, chopped
3 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp tamari*, or to taste
1/4 cup beans (white, black, kidney, whatever), mashed
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 tsp sesame seeds
Raw cashews, chopped
* tamari is the ‘salt’ in this recipe, so use it to taste
- boil water, add quinoa and simmer (covered) for 15 min. Set aside.
- saute tofu in oil until golden brown
- add garlic and broccoli and stir for 1 minute
- reduce heat, add nut butter, tamari, beans and cayenne pepper and stir to combine. If mixture is too dry, add water a little bit at a time.
- when broccoli is tender-crisp, remove from heat, sprinkle with seeds and nuts and serve over quinoa