It’s peach season here in Ontario, so naturally, I came home with far more juicy bits ‘o heaven than our small family could ever consume in a week.
Hence the cobbler.
Now, this dessert didn’t seem to rate quite as high on Husband’s list of foods he’d give up for sex, but it was still REALLY good.
And pretty – which is important for food, don’t you think?
Peach Raspberry Cobbler
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cream of tartar
6 medium or 8 small peaches, sliced into 10 sections
2 c raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 c sugar
1 large egg
- whisk together milk, lemon juice and cream of tartar and set aside
- spread peaches then raspberries on bottom of 2 L baking dish
- sprinkle with sugar and set as ide
- sift together flour, soda and salt and set aside
- beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy
- add 1/2 flour mix to egg mix and stir until ‘just mixed’
- blend in milk mixture
- add remaining flour mix and stir until ‘just mixed’
- bake 40-45 minutes, until bro wn and bubbly.