My husband said he’d choose my carrot cake over sex any day of the week.
Should I be insulted?
I mean, I know I make a kick-ass carrot cake, but I’m pretty great in the sack too.
Better than Sex Carrot Cake
1 c each white and brown sugar (or two cups Sucanat)
1 c butter*
2 c flour**
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
2 c carrots, grated
1 c crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 c coconut
1/2 c nuts***, toasted
1 tsp vanilla
* I like to use coconut butter.
**I use this amazing 12-grain flour I get at Bulk Barn.
*** I used pecans this time, but almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts etc. would be good too.
- preheat oven to 350*F
- beat eggs, sugars and oil until frothy. Set asside.
- add remaining ingredients in order and mix well.
- add to egg mixture and ‘just mix’.
- pour into a greased 9″x13″ and bake 50 mintues
- cool then frost.
Slutty (read: tart) Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 c coconut butter, melted
2 c icing sugar
2+ tbsp lemon or lime juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
- blend all ingredients until smooth