I’m making muffins for VBS (more on me being roped in to that nightmare later).
I love this recipe.
Yields 1 dozen
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar (or substitute)
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs (or substitute)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup milk (or substitute)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
2 cups zucchini (or carrot or beet), grated
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the lightly greased muffin tin ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.