Alrighty. I probably shouldn’t be spreading this around, but I feel guilty keeping it to myself.
Here is, quite possibly, the best chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER.
1 1/2 c. flour (any type)
1 c. white sugar *
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
As many chocolate chips as your little heart desires
- preheat oven to 325ºF
- cream the butter and sugars together (* for those, like me, who don’t use white/brown sugar, the recipe works equally well with 1 1/2 c. sucanat)
- add all other ingredients and mix well
- roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Do not flatten. Leave lots of space between the cookies as they will spread.
- bake for approx 8-12 minutes until edges are browned
- makes MANY cookies, and recipe can be easily doubled/tripled